Chorba Soup with Chickpeas and Vermicelli is a delightful rendition of the classic North African and Middle Eastern favorite. This aromatic and nourishing soup combines the earthy goodness of chickpeas, the delicate texture of vermicelli pasta, and a symphony of spices to create a comforting and satisfying meal.
INGREDIENTS (for 10 servings):
- 4 minced onions
- 8 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 tsp ras-el-hanout
- 2 tsp paprika
- 4 carrots, diced
- 4 celery stalks, cut into sticks
- 4 turnips, diced
- 140 g tomato paste
- 4 l of water
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 460 g chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 100 g vermicelli pasta
- 1 bunch chopped cilantro
- 1 bunch chopped parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a big pot on medium-high heat.
- Sauté the onions and all the spices for 5 to 8 minutes until the onions are tender and brown.
- Add the diced vegetables (carrots, turnips, celery) and sauté for a few more minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, water and bouillon cubes. Mix, cover, and simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Once the vegetables are tender, add the chickpeas and vermicelli. Cook for 3-4 minutes then remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with herbs when ready to serve.
Product Used: CRISTEL Stainless Steel Pan
Made in France