Indulge in the delightful combination of creamy ricotta and the vibrant flavors of wild garlic with our Ricotta Balls with Wild Garlic recipe. These delectable bite-sized treats offer a symphony of tastes, as the velvety ricotta cheese is infused with the aromatic essence of fresh wild garlic and basil. Each morsel is perfectly balanced, boasting a luscious texture and a burst of herbaceous goodness.
View the Video on Facebook or Instagram.
INGREDIENTS for the Balls:
- 2 big bunches of wild bear’s garlic
- 15g butter
- 200 g all-purpose flour
- 180 g grated parmesan cheese
- 200 g ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- salt, pepper
INGREDIENTS for the Sauce:
- 1 bunch of wild bear’s garlic
- 15g butter
- 20cl heavy whipping cream
- 50g grated parmesan cheese
METHOD for the Balls:
- Chop the wild bear’s garlic and sauté in butter for a few minutes in a frying pan. Set aside.
- In a big bowl, mix the flour, parmesan cheese, and nutmeg.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the ricotta cheese and the eggs.
- Mix gently with a fork. When the dough is almost well combined (it will be sticky but it’s normal), add the wild bear’s garlic and shredded basil. Mix well.
- To form the balls, start by wetting your hands then roll a small portion of dough into your hands. Set aside on a plate and continue to shape balls with the remaining dough.
- Bring a big pot of salted water to a boil and cook the balls. They will float back up when fully cooked (5-6 minutes). Drain and set aside.
METHOD for the Sauce:
- In the same frying pan, sauté the remaining chopped wild bear’s garlic in butter.
- Add the cream and simmer until thickened, 6-7 minutes.
- Add the grated parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the ricotta balls into the sauce and stir.
- Serve with freshly grated parmesan and lettuce.
Product Used: CRISTEL Stainless Steel Frying Pan
Made in France
CRISTEL available in SG at LuxeCucina.com