Savor the rich and comforting flavors of the Mediterranean with our Vegan Shakshuka recipe. Enjoy the perfect harmony of sweet tomatoes, aromatic spices, and a delightful blend of vegetables, all simmered together to create a luscious, saucy base. Topped with gently poached tofu, this vegan twist on Shakshuka promises a delightful experience that is both satisfying and nourishing. Embrace the essence of this classic North African dish, reimagined with plant-based goodness and wholesome ingredients.
View the video on Facebook or Instagram.
- 1 minced onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 800 g crushed tomatoes
- 250 g cubed tofu
- 100 g green peas (fresh or frozen)
- 80 g black olives
- 2 Tbsp minced parsley
- 1 tsp curcuma
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Heat the oil in a Cristel Sauté pan on medium heat, add the onion and bell pepper.
- Sauté for 5 minutes then add the garlic and spices, cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and simmer for 35/45 minutes, stirring regularly. Add water if needed.
- To finish, add the tofu, parboiled green peas, and olives and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve with a slice of toasted bread, sprinkled with parsley, or over rice.
Product Used: CRISTEL Stainless Steel Saute Pan
Made in France
CRISTEL available in SG at LuxeCucina.com