Embark on a flavorful journey to the Middle East with our Shish Taouk recipe. Delight in tender, succulent pieces of marinated chicken, infused with a harmonious blend of aromatic spices and tangy lemon. This traditional dish is a celebration of vibrant flavors and promises to transport your taste buds to a land of exotic tastes and tantalizing aromas.
- 600 g chicken breasts or boneless thighs
- 2 lemons
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. mild chilli powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. sumac
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 measure of saffron
1. Cut the chicken into 2 to 3 cm cubes.
2. Mix all the marinade ingredients in a dish then add the cubed meat. Allow to marinate ideally overnight or for a minimum of one hour.
3. Soak kebab skewers in cold water for at least 30 minutes. Thread the pieces of chicken onto the skewers and drain them.
4. Place a frying pan over medium-high heat. Do the water drop test.
5. When the frying pan has reached the right temperature, add the kebabs and leave to brown for around 8 minutes, turning to cook on all 4 sides.
You can briefly sear them then finish cooking them in a 200°C oven. Serve immediately with pita bread, grilled vegetables or bulgur wheat.
Product Used: CRISTEL Stainless Steel Frying Pan
Made in France
CRISTEL available in SG at LuxeCucina.com